[IDD #GTV-595062]: NEXRAD data

Hi Russ,

re: lack of NEXRAD data from SSEC NOAAPort ingest machines

> That seems to have fixed the problem. We reset the viterbi boxes
> and the error rates are now in acceptable range. We did have a TRW this
> AM at about the same time that the problem started. I'm wondering if
> that could have caused the problem.

Perhaps, but I would keep checking the viterbi bit error rate on your
Novra S75 box(es) for the next few days.  I say this because I checked
ours earlier today, and it was back to showing ~10**-5.  A reset
put that back to 0.00 which is where it should be.

I have learned from chatter on a Yahoo group NOAAPort list and directly
from Gilbert Sebenste (NIU) that the newer Novra unit, the S75+, is
much better at keeping a signal lock when upgraded to the latest firmware.
Unfortunately, there is no correspondingly new firmware for our older
S75 units.

Ticket ID: GTV-595062
Department: Support IDD