[LDM #BIW-247121]: best way to re-insert a product in an LDM queue under a different feedtype

Hi Steve,

We have been having email exchanges with folks at the WOC about the best
way to include new products into the CONDUIT feed (CONDUIT originates
on machines at the WOC).

Here is the body of an email that Patrick O'Reilley sent us yesterday
about how they are thinking of adding the products:

  Here's a rough dataflow diagram of the path of these data:

  TOC system socket => WOC system socket => WOC socket LDM => WOC CONDUIT LDM
=> Unidata and others

  where the "socket" is a client/server software.

  When the WOC socket software inserts it into the "socket" LDM, there is a
default
  feedtype it is assigned.  There's not any flexibility to assign different feed
  types.  So since in the future, there may be products coming from the TOC to
the
  WOC that aren't destined for CONDUIT via this path, I guess it's a good idea
  assign it to EXP, and make that permanent.

  With this in mind, is there an easy or standard way to change the feedtype
between
  LDMs?  After the test, the products will be coming into the WOC CONDUIT LDM
as EXP
  and we need them assigned to the CONDUIT feed type.

  We can think of a couple indirect ways but thought there may be a more
straightforward
  method.

  Thanks!
  Patrick

In recap, the issue is that they want to send the new products to the CONDUIT
injection
machines using the LDM EXP feed type, and then have the new products
re-inserted into
the CONDUIT injection machines LDM queues in the CONDUIT feedtype.

I commented to Patrick that it might be possible to re-insert the same product
into a queue where the original is still resident by assigning an MD5 signature
to the re-inserted product (assign one, not let pqinsert calculate one).

Questions:

- would this circumvent the duplicate product rejection?

  I think that it would, but I wanted to make sure that there were not 'gotchas'

- if the answer to the first question is yes, it seems to me that the best
  thing to do is to assign the artificial MD5 signature to the product in
  the EXP feed and let pqinsert calculate the signature when the product
  is re-inserted as a CONDUIT product

Any comments would be most useful...