[LDM #PDS-784679]: Help with LDM-Model data

Hi Haldun,

re:
> thank you very much for all the support you provide for us. I have
> another question regarding with getting real-time model output data.

OK.

re:
> So far we installed and run LDM software to stream some radar data. Can
> we use LDM to get the most current real-time RUC model analysis and
> forecast output data (RUC 13 km preferable, but if not, RUC 20 km)?

Yes.  The 80km and 20km RUC for CONUS are available via the IDD (as are
the 80km, 40km, 20km and 12km NAM for CONUS).

re:
> We would like to make operational WRF model runs using RUC model forecast
> data.
> I will provide all the information you supply to our system administrator.
> Thus,
> the more the information you give us is the better for us to understand
> and implement it quickly.

The process for requesting the data is simple: add a REQUEST line to the
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf configuration file and then restart the LDM.  For example:

<as 'ldm'>

cd ~ldm/etc

-- edit ldmd.conf and add the following line:

REQUEST  CONDUIT  "RUC2"  idd.cise-nsf.gov

ldmadmin restart

Depending on how your LDM is currently setup, you may need to consider
increasing
the size of your LDM queue.  You will definitely need to setup/create some
pattern-action file action(s) to process (e.g., FILE, decode, etc.) the RUC
data you will be getting.

Question:

- what is the current size of your LDM queue?

  This is easily determined by running 'ldmadmin config' and sending us the
  output.

- what do you want to do with the RUC data that you ingest?

  What I am trying to find out is if you know enough to setup one or more
  pattern-action file entries to process the data in the way that you want.

Request:

- it would help us support you if you would report real time statistics
  back to us.  This is easily done by adding a line to your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
  configuration file (or uncommenting the line that is already there) and
  making sure that your firewall is setup to allow your LDM to send information
  to the LDM running on rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu.

  The ldmd.conf line that I am referring to looks like:

exec   "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

Please remember that any time you make a modification to ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf,
you need to restart the LDM for the change(s) to take effect.

re:
> Again thank you very much in advance.

No worries.

Ticket ID: PDS-784679