[IDD #SSK-947208]: Obtain upstream data-feed

Hi Matthew,

re:
> - The name of your site
> - Clemson University CITI
> - The LDM <glindex.html#LDM> administrator's
> - Matthew Cook
> - 864-656-5062
> - address@hidden
> - The fully-qualified hostname of the computer that will run the LDM
> - googspatial.clemson.edu
> - Desired feedtypes <glindex.html#feedtype>.
> - NNEXRAD
>

> I think the NNEXRAD feed is the only one I will need.  I am interested in
> building GIS weather layer with realtime local radar.

You should now be able to request the NEXRAD3 (aka NNEXRAD) data feed from
the toplevel IDD node, idd.cise-nsf.gov, from googspatial.clemson.edu.

re:
> With the first
> version of this layer I would like to incorporate storm tracking.  I was
> able to find this information here
> ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/DF.of/DC.radar/DS.58sti/SI.kgsp/  and
> am hoping it is also available in the NNEXRAD feed?

The content of the IDD NEXRAD3 (aka NNEXRAD) data feed is created from products
sent in the NOAAPort SBN (Satellite Broadcast Network).  The SDI product you
are interested in is not currently one that is included in the SBN, so it is
not available in NEXRAD3.

Here are the TDWR products currently being sent in NEXRAD3:

TR0, TR1, TR2 - TDWR base reflectivities
TZL           - TDWR 225 nmi base reflectivity (0.6 elev angle)
NCR            - composite reflectivity
DHR,          - digital hybrid scan reflectivity
TV0, TV1, TV2 - TDWR base velocities
N1P, NTP      - 1-hour, storm total precipitation
NVL           - vertically integrated liquid water
NMD           - digital mesocyclone detection algorithy
DSP, DPA      - digital storm total precip, digital precip array
NET           - Echo Tops
NVW           - VAD wind profile

Ticket ID: SSK-947208
Department: Support IDD