[Datastream #QJP-354748]: GEM data

Hi Paul,

After they allowed us to distribute the data from our IDD nodes these
restrictions
are no longer in play. I will contact CMC and make double check :) ..and update
the referenced URL
to clarify the new policy.

I'll confirm Monday, but am pretty sure you can open up access

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support

> Hi Paul,
>
> re:
> > I am wondering if there is any restriction to the display of GEM images
> > after we processed them with WXP. I have not been able to find much
> > information concerning this. For several years we have had it restricted,
> > but this is before the CMC itself published such images.
>
> I was not aware that one could not make displays created from GEM data
> freely available, but I see what you mean given the following statement
> on our GEM page:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/feedtypes/gem.html
>
> "Re-distribution of the data, as they are or after processing, for other uses
> needs
> to be discussed and coordinated with the CMC. Users of the data need to be
> members
> of the Unidata community and have the LDM software up and running."
>
> This restriction may be out of date as Jeff Weber got the CMC to allow us to
> relay the GEM data through the IDD.  I will need to touch base with Jeff when
> he returns from vacation on what his current understanding of the usage policy
> is.  This should be in about a week, but I could be off by a few days.  If
> you have not heard from us by September, pleased send us a reminder.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
> --

Jeff Weber