[IDD #EIV-958781]: LDM running on Internet2

Hi Reymer,

re:
> Marcial assigned the domain name cluster.fisica.ucr.ac.cr to the IP
> address (200.9.33.37).

OK.  The DNS is not setup for this machine yet, however:

Server:  laraine.unidata.ucar.edu
Address:  128.117.140.62

*** laraine.unidata.ucar.edu can't find 200.9.33.37: Non-existent host/domain

re:
> Do you have some DNS server that resolve IPv4 and IPv6 domains, that
> we can use, e.g., rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu, right now I'm using the
> next DNS:
> dns.internet2.edu
> dns2.internet2.edu

I will have to get my system administrator, Mike Schmidt, to answer this
question.  I will send Mike your question today (but he may not respond
until Monday).

re:
> My question is because the cluster is running over internet2, and the
> DNS that I'm using cannot resolver rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu, and I get
> the next output on the log..

> Oct 23 04:05:42 cluster rtstats[28017] WARN: Couldn't connect to LDM
> on 128.117.149.64 using either port 388 or portmapper; : RPC: Remote
> system error - Connection refused

This just shows that DNS is not available for your machine yet.  I can
add your machine to the /etc/hosts file on rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu
so that your stats will be accepted.  OK, I just did this; the
stats should start flowing now...

re:
> So about the workshop, I can't go on this year, maybe beginning the
> next, please send me information if you know the date of the next
> workshop, is because I need to looking for an scholarship!

We hold formal training workshops once per year and alternate between
summer (end of July/beginning of August) and fall (October/November).
Next year's workshop series will, therefore, likely be held in
the July/August timeframe.

re:
> Thanks again!!

No worries.