[IDD #VET-498016]: idd.cise-nsf.gov server

Hi Mike,

re:
> Is the server idd.cise-nsf.gov still a valid LDM NEXRAD2 feed server?

Yes, but the facility in which it is housed suffered a power outage
yesterday (Thursday, October 27).  Here is the message that was sent
to the address@hidden list that we maintain:

  A transformer at the NSF failed accompanied by smoke/fire/sprinklers.
  At this point, no estimated time for repair.  Please fail over to your
  designated backup site(s).

Evidently, you are not subscribed to this list, so you did not get
the notification of the failure.  I strongly suggest that you (or
someone else at TVA) subscribe to this list so you can get status
messages like this in the future:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/

    Participate in topical mailing lists
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/mailinglist/mailing-list-form.html

The subscription form is on the lower right hand side of the last page.

re:
> Yesterday at about 2pm EDT, I lost all LDM data feeds from the server.
> I also can no longer resolve an IP address for the server.  Has it been
> retired?  Do I need to switch to a different server?  Thanks

Until idd.cise-nsf.gov is restored, you can feed from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

Ticket ID: VET-498016
Department: Support IDD