[IDD #NYI-296145]: Canadian radar data?

Hi Gilbert,

re: As far as I know, there is no restriction on the Canadian radar data that
Pelmorex is providing to Unidata

> Excellent. I don't know if I will use it, but it would be nice to display
> in GEMPAK, at the very least.

I know that this is possible 'cause Chiz did it (the FNEXRAD composites are
created in GEMPAK).

re: The first action should work if you have write permission in the
indicated output directory and if the EXP products are setup to
be processed by the pattern-action file in which this action is
specified.

> Right. And it's not. And I'm not seeing errors in my ldmd.log file.

Which machine?

re: notifyme is your friend; use it

> Yep, and it works. I see the data.

re: don't forget the double quotes

> Right. Do I do this in my pqact entry?

No.  The quoting is only so that the shell you are running
'notifyme' from does not try to expand the '.*'.

re: PAW

> What software does he use to generate that? It almost looks like McIDAS.
> If so, I WANT TO DO THAT!!!!

Yup, Russ uses McIDAS.  I will send him a note to see if what he put
together can easily be "packaged-up" and used by others.

re: the PAW is cool and useful

> Nice. OK, let me know what you think, and thanks again for the
> information!

I will send a note to Russ after hitting send on this note...

Ticket ID: NYI-296145
Department: Support IDD