[IDD #LFD-200194]: conect to ldm

Hi Matias,

re:
> Yes, i know that you are working with CPTEC and UBA (Buenos Aires University).

> I'm working in the National Weather Service of Argentina. We (NWS) will try to
> use the Gempak to make our products, so, i think that the ldm is another
> information source to be used with Gempak.

The LDM is one tool that can be used to supply data to GEMPAK.  There are
many folks in the U.S. and around the world that use other methods for
grabbing data to be used by GEMPAK.

re:
> If you need a formal request, please let me know and i'll send you one.

A formal letter of request would be helpful/useful.  I must warn you, however,
that we (Unidata Program Center) typically do not provide data access to
operational entities.  A big reason for this is that we do NOT guarantee
the delivery of data through any of the tools we provide.  Our data policy
is clear on this point:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/

    guidelines for using these data
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/data_usage.html#data

re:
> i knew the ldm when i went to a training course in the CPTEC institute. So
> i'll
> thought that i can try to apply the ldm in our organization.

OK.  Have you contacted CPTEC to see if they are willing to provide data via
the LDM to you?  If not, I advise you to contact Waldenio Gambi de Almeida:

address@hidden

Ticket ID: LFD-200194
Department: Support IDD