[IDD #PGJ-802823]: request for approval of LDM data receiving

Hi Bei,

re:
> I have run the experiment: notifyme -vl- -f EXP -h oliver.unidata.ucar.edu
> And please help me to check your logfile~!

OK, I saw an attempted connection from 136.159.122.164.  The connection
was denied because the IP could not be resolved into a fully qualified
name (same comment as you list below).

re:
> I still don't know how to figure out my hostname since I don't know my
> virtual machine IP...[?]sad

Right.  Working with virtual machines is a bit of a mystery.

re:
> but I tried in windows: nslookup 136.159.122.164(my windows ip)
> the feedback is server: ucnet.ucalgary.ca
> address: 136.159.1.21
> ucnet.ucalgary.ca can't find 136.159.122.164:
> Non-existent domain

Weird, I would have assumed that a UCalgary DNS server would know about
your Windows machine...

I setup a hardwire define of the name cosmic.ucnet.ucalgary.ca for
the IP address 136.159.122.164 on the nodes that makeup our toplevel
IDD relay cluster.  Please check to see if you are ALLOWed to
request the EXP feed type from the cluster:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f EXP -p cosmicrt -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

If this is successful, you should add the following REQUEST line
to your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file to get the Cosmic data:

request EXP "cosmicrt" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Please let me know if you run into any snags...

Ticket ID: PGJ-802823
Department: Support IDD