[IDD #PGJ-802823]: request for approval of LDM data receiving

Hi Bei,

re:
> Things are getting better now but still problemable.
> I can still see the data flow by ldmadmin watch, but there are still two
> unsolved problems even after I made all the modification:
> 1. no data saved and log file empty
> 2. when ldmadmin stop and then ldmadmin start, no data flow appeared when
> ldmadmin watch.

I will add an example pattern-action file action to the copy of pqact.conf
that you sent in a previous email; verify that it works in the LDM setup on
my workstation and then mail it back to you later today.

re:
> > /home/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log exists and its permission to all is rw. And
> currently the log is still empty.
> And also I check /etc/init.d/rsyslog status, it's running and the output is:
> rsyslogd(pid 822) is running...

Let's address the logging issue after you have succeeded in getting products
written to disk.

re: keeping one's system clock set
> > This is the most weird thing. I check /etc/init.d/ntpd status, it's also
> running. And my virtual Linux machine keeps exactly synchronized time with
> windows machine.

OK, this is good to know.  I assume that you are also implying that the
time on your Windows machine is correct.

re:
> I tried to restart the virtual machine immediately, but when i ldmadmin
> start and watch, no data flow.

How long did you wait?

re:
> But after one night, when i come to lab this morning, i can see the data
> again, but if i ldmadmin stop and start&watch immediately, no data..........
> [?]

This may be an artifact.  As soon as we get the saving of data products
working, you will be better able to investigate monitoring of receipt
of products.  By the way, the other way to monitor the receipt of
products is by using the LDM utility 'notifyme'.  Here is an example:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f ANY

re:
> > OK, I added the following lines to pqact.conf:
> EXP<tab>([12][0-9][0-9][0-9])\.([0-3][0-9][0-9])(bfr|ion|wet)Prf(.*\.nc)
> <tab>FILE<tab>-close
> <tab>/home/ldm/var/data/\1\2/\3Prf/\3Prf\4

I assume that you substituted a tab character for the <tab> values above.

re:
> PS: I change the path to an already-exist path /home/ldm/var/data/
> And pqactcheck the pqact.conf, there is no error, and I hang up the new
> conf.
> But as a result there is nothing saved in /home/ldm/var/data/

Again, I will create a working action in a vanilla pqact.conf file and
send you the file this afternoon.

re:
> Is the configuration of LDM supposed to be this weird?

No, not at all.  Most folks do not run into the problems you are seeing.

re:
> I think I strictly
> followed your instruction, after all I indeed successfully watch the data
> flow....but it flowed away without save........

It is too bad that we can't logon to your machine to make sure that
things are setup correctly.

re:
> Thanks for help and regards!!

No worries.