[IDD #JHR-989766]: Assistance in becoming a Unidata user

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for the slow reply.  I am currently in Vienna, Austria where
I attended the European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly
through its conclusion yesterday...

re:
> We appreciate your time and suggestions. We want to get the following
> datastreams:
>
> - All of the IDS|DDPLUS datastream
> - All model data in the HDS datastream
> - NEXRAD Level III for HNX, DAX, MUX. VBX and EYX.

Very good.

The ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf REQUEST lines that you will need to get
these data are:

request IDS|DDPLUS    ".*"    aeolus.ucsd.edu
request HDS ".*" aeolus.ucsd.edu
request NEXRAD3 "HNX|DAX|MUX|VBX|EYX" aeolus.ucsd.edu

Way back in October, 2010, I sent you an email that pointed out that
the machine that you had told us would be running an LDM and requesting
data was named PCMS.SJVAPCD.LOCAL.  I made the following comments then,
and they still apply today:

  In looking through the emails from Cedrick Major, I see that the
  machine does not have a name which is resolvable by DNS:

  hostname: PCMS.SJVAPCD.LOCAL
  os: Linux

  nslookup PCMS.SJVAPCD.LOCAL
  Server: 128.54.16.2
  Address: 128.54.16.2#53

  ** server can't find PCMS.SJVAPCD.LOCAL: NXDOMAIN

  Machines running the LDM and getting data from sites external to one's
  local network need to have names for which there is forward and reverse
  DNS. In order to setup LDM ALLOWs for your feed requests, we need
  you/Cedrick/someone else to provide us with the:

  1) fully qualified machine name that is externally resolvable by DNS
  2) IP address of the machine

Please let us know:

- if you still need to use the same machine
- if that machine now has forward and reverse DNS

If the second condition is not possible, we can still work with
UCSD to get a feed setup for you, but the setup will be "brittle"
and may experience problems in the future.

Ticket ID: JHR-989766
Department: Support IDD