[IDD #SVQ-893979]: upstream data-feeds

Hi Tony,

re:
> I am contacting you in regards to the upstream data-feeds for Unidata
> LDM on behalf of Dr. Jennifer Collins at the University of South
> Florida.

OK.

re:
> In accordance with the configuration instructions on the your
> website, the information requested is included below.  Please let me
> know if anything else is needed to complete the process.
>
> Institution:  University of South Florida, Research Computing Center
> Administrator:  Anthony Green
> Phone:  813-974-4815
> Email:  address@hidden

Thanks.  I updated the USF entry in our site contact list.

re:
> Hostname:  unidata.rc.usf.edu
> Feedtypes:  FNMOC, GEM, FSL2, CONDUIT, WS, and  LIGHTNING.

You should now be setup for receipt of all datastreams _except_
LIGHTNING.

You can feed from either/both of:

idd.cise-nsf.gov
idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Please let us know if you have problems getting the data from either
one of these upstreams.

NB We may ask you to change your feed REQUESTs to alternate upstream
host(s) in the future.

FYI: Lightning data (both NLDN and USPLN) are only available as
point-to-point feeds from the toplevel destributor.

Here is the necessary contact information for you:

NLDN lightning data:

Dr. David Knight
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
University at Albany
State University of New York
address@hidden

USPLN/NAPLN/GLN lightning data:

Kim Rauenzahn
Lightning Product Manager
WSI
address@hidden

When you contact these folks, please make sure to note that you will be
requesting the data from a machine in the .edu domain.  If the machine is
not in the .edu domain, it is likely that both U Albany and WSI will refuse
your feed request.

More information about each source/type of lightning data can be found
in the Unidata Lightning data pages:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data