[IDD #JHR-989766]: Assistance in becoming a Unidata user

Hi Tim,

re:
> Okay I see the traffic now.   Now my question would be, how do we get ldm to
> dump
> the data somewhere?

The LDM has two primary functions:

- moving the data from one point to another
- doing something with data that is received

The second function is what you are asking about... it is accomplished by
creation of actions in one or more pattern-action files.  The actions
in these file(s) are invoked by the LDM utility 'pqact'.  The LDM installation
comes with a default pattern-action file, ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf, whose
actions are all commented out.  The thing to do ** after reading the
LDM documentation on our website ** is to play with the actions in the
default pattern-action file to get an idea of how things work.  Down the
road, you will be using pattern-action files that are distributed with
GEMPAK.  Those are complex and do the things needed for full functionality
with GEMPAK.

Ticket ID: JHR-989766
Department: Support IDD