[IDD #VCV-769086]: COLA's LDM server will be moving to a new physical and IP address

> Dear Experts,

Well, they are all gone, so I guess I'll answer :)

> COLA will be relocating some computer servers to George Mason University on
> Monday, November 21st. We are currently running our LDM on a box named
> "cola4.iges.org" (192.239.84.14).

I see that: "cola4.gmu.edu" does resolve, but the IP 199.26.254.198 does not.
BOTH forward and reverse DNS
will be needed for the LDM.

A good test to see if your machine is currently "allow"ed is the use of the LDM
command "notifyme".

Used like this:

notifyme -vl - -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu -f DDPLUS -o 3600

(command)(verbosity)(output terminal)(host you are checking the allow
on)(feedtype)(time offset to look for)

..if, via this command, you begin seeing data products scroll by, then that
machine is allowed.

Also very handy to check feeds for reg expressions, etc.

The new server will be "cola4.gmu.edu" (199.26.254.198). The request entries in
our ldmd.conf file look like this:

> REQUEST DDPLUS ".*" idd.cise-nsf.gov
> REQUEST DDPLUS ".*" unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
> REQUEST DDPLUS ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

We'll handle NSF and Wisconsin,and we have you set up here already at Unidata.

> The relocated servers are scheduled to be back up and running on Tuesday the
> 22nd. Can you update our IP address so we will be able to restart the LDM on
> that day? Please let me know if I've left out any critical piece of
> information you might need.

Are you planning on decommissioning the .org machines, or will you want them to
stay up?

> Thank you very much,
> Jennifer
>
> --