Re: [IDD #BZI-879002]: AMS IDD Request & Question about NPP

Steve / Brad

There are two instances of LDM which run on an AWIPS II system at a field office.  From your comments, it appears you are describing the downstream LDM instance which feeds from the upstream.  The difference between the two are the ldm versions (upstream is running 6.7.1 with noaaport reader version 1.4.1, and the downstream is running 6.8.1).

It is very possible -- actually probable, that this software has been modified since we originally sent what we'd done over to you.  Unfortunately, I don't know the nature of the changes but I know the developers have delivered a new version of the rpm multiple times for the installation.  The good news is that the new code is delivered each time with the rpm as you've found out!  So, that way you at least have that version of the ldm we use with each release NWS provides.

With regards to the broken code, if you can provide a little more detail I can write a DR on it in our systems and get it changed.

I hope I've been able to answer everything.  You all have been very helpful to us and I can not thank you enough outside of trying to be just as helpful in return!

Kevin