[IDD #XUT-980774]: Data Request

Hi David,

re:
> Here is the information for our server running the LDM:
>
> shield-wblend.starinst.org
> 129.19.151.10

OK.  I verified that we can do name -> IP translation, but not
IP -> name translation.  The latter is the one that is needed
since the IP address is included in a REQUEST to an upstream
host.  The LDM security mechanism relies on the conversion
of the IP address into a fully-qualified hostname which is then
matched against ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf ALLOWs.

re:
> Our sys admin is making some unrelated firewall changes on Tuesday
> night, so the earliest that we should test this connection is Wednesday.

I have already configured the nodes that are currently active in our
top level IDD relay cluster, idd.unidata.ucar.edu, to ALLOW
shield-wblend.starinst.org
to REQUEST the NEXRAD2 data feed.  As soon as IP -> name DNS is available
you should be able to successfully REQUEST the NEXRAD2 data.

Comment:

- test the ability to REQUEST NEXRAD2 data on shield-wblend.starinst.org
  using the LDM 'notifyme' utility:

<as 'ldm' on shield-wblend.starinst.org>

notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD2 -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

The output from 'notifyme' will tell you if ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf ALLOW is
working.  If it is not, it likely means that IP->name translation is
not available for your machine.

Ticket ID: XUT-980774
Department: Support IDD