[IDD #XUT-980774]: Data Request

Hi David,

re: retry the notifyme to idd.unidata.ucar.edu

> Still no luck.  I get the same result from the notifyme command.

Hmm... I just checked, and none of the active real server nodes
of our relay cluster are denying connections from your machine...
_assuming_ that your machine is still:

shield-wblend.starinst.org <--> 129.19.151.10

I am now thinking that your 'notifyme' request is not making
it to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Please try the following and
tell me the results:

<as 'ldm' on shield-wblend.starinst.org>
telnet idd.unidata.ucar.edu 388

If your outbound request to port 388 on idd.unidata.ucar.edu
is not being blocked on your end (it is not blocked on ours),
you should get a response that looks like:

Trying 128.117.140.3...
Connected to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.

> On May 29, 2012, at 16:07, Unidata IDD Support wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> > re:
> >> The IP->hostname translation was fixed early last week, so it has had time
> >> to propagate
> >> through internet servers by now, and I have verified this from multiple
> >> sites.  I am not
> >> able to get any data from your LDM.  The 'notifyme' command that you gave
> >> me produces
> >> the following output.  Any ideas?
> >
> > This was my fault -- I fat fingered the ALLOW entry for
> > shield-wblend.starinst.org; sorry!
> >
> > I just corrected the ALLOW entries on all nodes of our toplevel IDD relay
> > cluster,
> > idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Give the 'notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD2 -h
> > idd.unidata.ucar.edu'
> > another test to make sure I did things correctly this time.  If all looks
> > good,
> > go ahead and add a REQUEST line for NEXRAD2 data for KLWX to your
> > ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
> > file and restart your LDM.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tom
> > --
> > ****************************************************************************
> > Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program
> > (303) 497-8642                                                 P.O. Box 3000
> > address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307
> > Unidata HomePage                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: XUT-980774