[IDD #KBZ-624828]: Data-surface synoptic stations

> Hi there,
Hello Marwan,

> I am a postdoc at Michigan State University and in need of a
> climatological record of surface synoptic stations as in the link from
> here:
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/netcdf/surface/synoptic

OK

> The period I am interested in is between 1998 and 2011. Can you please
> help in providing me with the dataset? The area I am interested in
> (Eastern Mediterranean) with station names is attached, but it would
> be handy to also have the global datasets if it's possible.

We are not an archive center, we provide real time data to US universities and
research institutions.

The motherlode "short term archive" is to allow Unidata community members the
ability to grab data that they may have missed or failed to collect due to some
failure somewhere :)

I would visit NCDC to obtain this data, please see:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/documentlibrary/surface-doc.html

That ~may be a good place to start. Good luck with your research!

> __________________________
> Marwan Katurji, PhD
> Atmospheric Dynamics, Measurements & Modeling
> Michigan State University, USA
> Affiliated with University of Canterbury, New Zealand
> Tel:          +64 3 364 2987 ext. 3088
> Mobile:   +64  212049534
> Web Address: www.marwankaturji.tk

Cheers,