[LDM #WXT-754815]: Blocked by Jeff Weber

Hi Grant,

re: upgrading your LDM
> We will wait for v6.10.2 before upgrading.

Sounds good; that's what I would do.

re:
> The old configuration was done many years ago. I believe it was due to
> latency issues and this configuration was suggested.

I just remembered that a _long_ time ago, the bandwidth into DRI was very
bad. I also remember recommending splitting the feed REQUESTs into smaller
and smaller chunks to see if that would solve the latency issues.

re:
> I will look into combining the pgrbf and pgrb2f requests.

The thing to pay attention to is the latency plots:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Projects -> Internet Data Distribution
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/index.html#idd

    IDD Current Operational Status
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

Look for your machine(s) and then review the latency links for each
feed.

re:
> Also, I've looked around on the unidata website for a way to add myself as
> a point of contact for LDM at dri.edu, but I can't seem to find anywhere
> to do so. Could you point me in the right direction?

Actually, we make these changes.  I have just updated the DRI information,
so please take a look and let us know if anything needs to be
modified:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Projects -> Internet Data Distribution