[IDD #HIF-625790]: No data on idd servers

Hi Adam,

re:
> There she blows!

:-)

re:
> That was it.
>
> I forgot about requesting too much on each connection and the reclass
> bogging down to a halt.

We have never before experienced a reclass bogging down to a halt
before on our idd.unidata.ucar.edu cluster probably because you
are the first non-local machine/site to request so much data on
a single REQUEST.

re:
> I would like the format for splitting the conduit
> feed into fifths due to the volume.

Here is an example from a user's machine (UNebraska Lincoln) for
CONDUIT split 5 ways:

REQUEST CONDUIT "([09]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT "([18]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT "([27]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT "([36]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT "([45]$)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

The feature being used here is the sequence number that is included
as the last field on every CONDUIT product.  The split organizes
sequence numbers ending in 0 and 9 together, 1 and 8 together, etc.
This split has been refined by sites that are electronically
distant (e.g., in South America or Europe) into a 10-way split.

re:
> I have a request for program change for the ldm dev people.  Only allow one
> feedtype request per connection....sure would solve a lot of "oops" :D

Well, we really don't want to do that because each feed REQUEST results
in the creation of an LDM server on the upstream machine.  It is much
better if feeds are organized into groups that balance number and volume
of products.  Since the downstream (requesting) LDM knows what is
wanted, it is really a job for its LDM administrator (meaning that
not everyone requests everything in an ldmd.conf REQUEST).

re:
> Once again, you guys are so helpful,

Thanks for the compliment!

Since we haven't talked in quite awhile, I have to ask how things
are going at ULM?

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.