[Support #QJY-449914]: Need LDM/IDD access

> Hi,

Hello Venkat,

> I accessed FNMOC data US Navy website. In that, the following statement was
> included.
>
> All of the FNMOC CAGIPS downloaded model data on USGODAE is now being
> provided to UNIDATA and avaiable via the LDM/IDD. Users that wish to receive
> this data via LDM should contact Mr. Jeff Weber (address@hidden) of UNIDATA

Yes, we provide model output from FNMOC in real time to the research and
education community.

> Hence, I am requesting you to please provide me LDM/LDD access for USGODAE.

First: We provide feeds to universities and research institutes NOT commercial
groups as mandated by
our funding agency, The National Science Foundation.

Second: There may be a university that we "feed" that would be willing to
"feed" you the data. Are you physically in Pennsylvania?
        This is often done via a "quid pro quo" relationship. Have you
installed the Unidata LDM?

Third: You can access the FNMOC data via our "pull" technology, THREDDS:
          Please see:http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idd/fnmoc.html

If you do not need a constant feed of the model output, pulling it as needed
may be your best option.
Not knowing how you plan to use the output limits our ability to offer any
broader suggestions

> Thanks
> Venkat
>
> Venkat S. Kolluru
> Technical Director, Surfacewater Modeling Group
>
> ERM
> 350 Eagleview Boulevard, Suite 200
> Exton, PA 19341-1180
>
> Tel: 610 524 3654