[IDD #CHL-454861]: NCEP RAP output

Hi Bongchul,

re:
> Please let me know if you have any idea about my questions.

I apologize for not being able to respond to you before now; it has been
a very busy day here...

re:

> Thank you, but I have several more questions.
> If I only need RAP data with 13 km resolution and a certain parameter
> ("PRATE"), how can I change the "REQUEST"? (this will significantly reduce
> a file size that is transferred)

You need to craft an extended regular expression that will be used in
your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf REQUEST line.  Here is a pattern that will REQUEST
all of the 13 km RAP grids:

request   NGRID "^[LM].D... KWB. (..)(..).*RUC2/#130" <your upstream feed host>

re:
> Is there any pattern-action example for "pqact.conf" that I can use for
> the case that I just mentioned?

User's typically tailor their own pattern-action file action(s) based on
what they are trying to accomplish (e.g., file data products on disk;
pipe the products to a decoder of some sort; etc.).  That being said, here
is one example for writing all 13 KM RAP grids to disk:

# Grid #130 CONUS   13km: ^[LM].D... KWB. (..)(..).*RUC2/#130
NGRID   ^[LM].D... KWB. (..)(..).*RUC2/#130
        FILE   -close
        data/NCEP/RR/CONUS_13km/RR_CONUS_13km_(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1_\200.grib2

NB:

- a lot of the whitespace in pattern-action file actions are tabs, not spaces:

  - tab between NGRID and ^[LM]
  - tab before and after FILE
  - tab before data/NCEP

- you should check your pattern-action file edits using 'ldmadmin pqactcheck'
  to verify that there are no gross syntax errors

- you can make pattern-action file modifications active in a running LDM
  environment using 'ldmadmin pqactHUP' (AFTER running 'ldmadmin pqactcheck'
  to verify that the modifications have no gross syntax errors)

re:
> I have tried to find some pattern-actions from the Unidata website, but there
> was no such thing that work for my case.

We provide examples for specific display/analysis applications that sites may
be using (e.g., GEMPAK, McIDAS, THREDDS).  Those examples are part of the
particular package's distribution.  Again, what users want to do with products
they receive in LDM/IDD datafeeds varies greatly.  The best thing to do is
to play with an example that works (like the one above) and then modify
it/them to suit your particular situation.

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.

Ticket ID: CHL-454861