  Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:35:13 -0600 (MDT)
  From: address@hidden
  To: address@hidden
  Subject: Re: [NNAG] [Notifier] FRGP/UPoP Network UNSCHEDULED OUTAGE on
10/19/12

  STATUS NOTIFICATION

  Level3 techs cleaned a fiber in Denver and the circuit is now stable.  BGP
  sessions have been re-established and all services are restored.

  Posted by John Hernandez
  ____________________

  Previous notification dated Fri Oct 19 2012 1:57 PM MDT:

  UNSCHEDULED OUTAGE NOTIFICATION

  The Internet2 WRN circuit to Kansas City has been unstable for much of today.
  The instability has worsened in the past hour, so we have deactivated the BGP
  session to Internet2 KC and TR/CPS Chicago.   Internet2 is still reachable via
  CalREN, and TR/CPS Seattle also remains available, so there should be no
  significant user impact.

  CENIC, Internet2, and Level3 have identified a degraded optical receive level
  in Denver and are working towards a solution, but we do not currently have an
  ETR.  We will update again when ETR is known.

  START: Fri Oct 19 2012 9:00 AM MDT
  END: Unknown

  SERVICES AFFECTED
  FRGP/UPoP Network

  PRIMARY CONTACT
  John Hernandez

  SECONDARY CONTACTS
  Pete Siemsen

  Posted by John Hernandez

A review of the time history of NEXRAD2 volume being reported by
your machine, llwxldm1, strongly suggests to us that the problem
has NOT yet been resolved.  We are in contact with the appropriate
network folks here in UCAR/NCAR trying to keep abreast of the
progress on fixing the problem.

Ticket ID: IVA-124665
Department: Support IDD