[IDD #ECU-990662]: Organizing IDV access to my LDM archive of .gem files

Hi Brian,

It looks as if this question has gotten verbose..and confusing to me :)

I suggest one of two things:

1) We start fresh with what you want to do and how you want to do it.

2) We can talk over the phone and maybe get a quicker resolution.

I use RAMADDA, IDV, GEMPAK, LDM, on a daily basis and can hopefully guide you
to data access satisfaction. It is quite busy and (ok, not incredibly well
documented) it takes some time to figure out
how all the pieces fit together well to do what you want them to do.

Let me know how you prefer to proceed, and we will get after it!

> But it is a heap of folders and files with inscrutable names.
>
> That, of course, is something that is modifiable by you.
>
> Inscrutable makes that opportunity hard to meaningfully take advantage of!
>

> I recognize about half these wordlets
> acft  csig   idft    isig   logs   mos   nexrad  profiler_bufr  scd   ship6hr
>  surface  taf
> airm  drops  images  jason  model  ncon  nwx     rdf            ship  storm
>  syn      upperair
> Inside each folder are many .gem files, which IDV will not open.
> It's useless to me or any IDV user, isn't it?
>

> Do we need another step?

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber