[IDD #HVD-148444]: Weather Observation Stream

> Hi Jeff,

Hi James,

> NSF funded data source, today is my lucky day. I'm glad I asked.

We are too, this is the place :)

> So far I have the LDM server up and running.
> What site configuration should I use to access the DDPLUS feed?
> The LDM machine is running at 140.221.11.237 with a dns entry of
> mtech-d900k.mcs.anl.gov

verified forward and reverse DNS, all looks good. Please direct your request to:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu

The LDM/IDD will use port 388, plz check for any firewall issues.

Once you have it configured, you can do a quick test:

notifyme -vl - -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu -f DDPLUS

...and you should see products scroll by....you can actually do this at anytime
now as we have "ALLOWED" mtech-d900k.mcs.anl.gov.
to make sure you are allowed for the feeds you desire. ( the -f is the feedtype
flag, we have opened it all up to you as your data needs may change) ...this
also give you an idea as to what the product headers, etc look
like.----notifyme is your friend :)

Congratulations and welcome aboard, suspect you may still want some help
regarding the filing or acting upon these files upon receipt, but the
documentation is good and correct, but does challenge :)

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support