[IDD #XYT-473297]: IP address change SUNY Oswego

Hi Steven,

re:
> We are moving our ldm server machine (blizzard.oswego.edu:129.3.65.73)
> to a new location with a new IP address.
>
> The new IP address will be 129.3.79.241.

The IP address currently is associated with met-020157.oswego.edu,
and there is both forward and reverse DNS for that machine.
Is it your intention of renaming the machine to blizzard.oswego.edu?
If yes, and if forward and reverse DNS works for the machine after
the rename, then your feeds should continue to work.  If you
intend to keep the machine named met-020157.oswego.edu, then you
will have to contact the LDM/IDD administrators for your upstream
feed hosts.  If you are only feeding from Unidata machines, you
will not have to worry as you are ready to go as far as we are
concerned.

re:
> Please make the appropriate changes. Thank you.

You are ready to go as far as Unidata feed hosts go as long as
forward and reverse DNS is setup for your new LDM machine.

I can't advise you on who else to contact since your machine
is not reporting real-time stats back to us, so I don't know
who else may be feeding you.

re:
> Also, please notify us when the change is made.

Please let us know if you intend to keep your new machine named
met-020157.oswego.edu or if you intend to rename it.

Ticket ID: XYT-473297
Department: Support IDD