[IDD #XTI-410466]: oliver.unidata.ucar.edu ldm server down

Hi Kevin,

re:
> We've noticed that oliver is either down or not running an LDM server
> for the last couple of weeks.  We use it as a backup for the SFUS41
> NLDN data stream (we use our main LDM server, cascade.atmos.albany.edu,
> for the primary for striker2).

'oliver.unidata.ucar.edu' is an "accumulator" for the Unidata IDD toplevel
relay cluster idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  The only machines that should be
REQUESTing data from oliver (and its counterpart emo) are the cluster
real servers.  Please redirect your REQUEST line(s) from oliver.unidata.ucar.edu
to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Thanks!

re:
> Has that server been decommissioned?  No major deal, since we can get
> the bulletins from any LDM server that carries the HDS feed ...

No, but the ALLOWs have been clamped down on oliver and emo.  Since
the cluster backends have up to 3 hours of all data delivered in
the IDD, it is much better to REQUEST from idd.unidata.ucar.edu than
oliver or emo who only have about 10 minutes of real-time data.

NB: if I was the cause of the REQUEST to oliver on striker2, I
apologize for not changing the REQUEST after the testing period was
over!

Ticket ID: XTI-410466
Department: Support IDD