[IDD #VUO-316269]: Not getting data from idd.ssec.wisc.edu

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the slow response to your inquiry:

re:
> We request NEXRAD2, NEXRAD3 and UNIWISC from idd.ssec.wisc.edu, but it
> isn't responding.  I can't ldmping it either.  When I run nslookup it
> comes back with the name unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu.  Should I be using
> that name instead?

No, you should continue to request from idd.ssec.wisc.edu.

The reason that your LDM/IDD feed REQUESTs were failing was that the
machine was shutdown and moved withing the UW/SSEC Data Center.  Evidently
the auto-restart on boot script failed when the machine was brought back
up, a situation that should not have occurred.  The reason for the slowness
in getting the LDM on idd.ssec.wisc.edu back up and running is that Boulder
went through epic rains starting Wednesday night that created so many
problems that UCAR was closed both Thursday and Friday.  Things have
been bad enough that we are just now able to attend to a number of
support issues.  Hopefully, everything is back to normal LDM/IDD-wise
now.

re:
> Thank you very much for your help,

Again, sorry for the problems!