[Staging #UFH-660934]: Re: Additional Guidance for setting up LDM on cartd.byu.edu

Hi Ken,

Many apologies for the late response.

> > Ben,
> >
> > I work with Fidel Perez at Brigham Young University.  He has asked me to
> > setup the server to link with your unidata streaming service. I have some
> > uncertainty of how to proceed in setting up the LDM software on our server.
> >  I have followed the directions found on the ucar.unidata site and have
> > completed that portion of the installation to the best of my understanding.
> >  At this point, I am still unable to run the ldmping command.  Linux
> > reports no such program when I attempt.  Can you please advise.

Let's rule out some obvious stuff first :)

Are you running 'ldmping' as user ldm? ..and is the ldm home (~ldm or
/home/ldm) in your path?

Do you have a host defined when running 'ldmping'? i.e. ldmping
idd.unidata.ucar.edu

> > Regards,
> > Ken Clark

we should be able to work through this, again, apologies for the slow
response...we are on it now :)

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber