[IDD #KOV-575304]: NEXRAD2 data

Hi John,

re:
> Sorry for taking a while to get back to you.  Our offices were closed for two
> days due
> to a blizzard (irony?).

:-)  It has been a LONG winter for lots of folk throughout the US.

re:
> I think the data are now coming in (I'll need to check with the primary user
> of that
> feed to be sure), but our ingestor is still running a load factor around 10.

I am surprised by the high load average on your ingestor since we don't see
anything
like that on the several machines on which we are ingesting of the data flowing
in the
IDD.

Question:

- what are the specs for your ingest machine?

> I've got X
> turned off, have commented out every entry in pqact.conf on that box, and
> it's still
> sweating.

I would say that there is definitely something wrong ** assuming ** of course
that
the machine is not really old.

re:
> We've got a bunch of down-stream processing boxes set up to pull various
> feeds from that box and do all the post-processing on them.  Does that sound
> reasonable?

Yes, it does.

Question:

- what action(s) are you using to process the Level II data?

Ticket ID: KOV-575304
Department: Support IDD