[IDD #DQQ-790553]: Request for help with LDM setup

Hi Wesley,

re:
> It has been a while, but we are now ready to start up the LDM here.  The
> DNS issue has been resolved, and our webpage is almost totally ready for
> the influx of data.

Very good.

re:
> We are aware of the bandwidth needed for each feed and will be only tapping
> into small chunks of that feed at a time for quite a while as we build our
> maps and analyses.

OK, sounds good.

re:
> Information
> =================
> Site Name: University of South Alabama Weather System
>
> Administrator:
> Dr. Wesley Terwey
> 251-461-1389
> address@hidden
>
> Hostname:
> weather.southalabama.edu
>
> Feed Types:
> PPS
> DDS

The combination of PPS, IDS and DDS is the single IDS|DDPLUS
datastream.

> HDS
> UNIWISC
> CONDUIT

Again, CONDUIT has very large volumes of data!

re:
> FNMOC
> NEXRAD2
> NEXRAD3

NEXRAD2 and NEXRAD3 are also very voluminious!

> NIMAGE

Please test to see if the following upstream sites have proper
ALLOWs for your machine:

idd.meteo.psu.edu
idd.tamu.edu
idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Here is how to do the testing:

<logged in as user 'ldm' on your machine that will run the LDM>
ldmping idd.meteo.psu.edu
ldmping idd.tamu.edu
ldmping idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Success will be indicated by a return that looks something like the
following:

% ldmping idd.meteo.psu.edu
Apr 22 22:52:29 INFO:      State    Elapsed Port   Remote_Host
rpc_stat
Apr 22 22:52:29 INFO: Resolving idd.meteo.psu.edu to 128.118.64.130 took
0.137415 seconds
Apr 22 22:52:29 INFO: RESPONDING   0.263411  388   idd.meteo.psu.edu

If user 'ldm' on your machine can 'ldmping' the LDM on these upstreams,
the next step will be in configuring your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf to REQUEST
the data that you want.  I suggest that we take this one step at a time
since it is very easy to REQUEST more data that can be accommodated by
the local/campus network(s).

The next stage after configuring your LDM to REQUEST the data that it needs
is to configure the LDM to do something with the data that it receives.

The next step after configuring LDM pattern-action file actions (the step
above) is to make sure that proper data scouring has been configured.

re:
> Thanks again!

No worries.

Ticket ID: DQQ-790553