[IDD #LRB-829354]: Issues with product-queue

Hi Tim,

re:
> In activating our new ldm, I am running into issues with the product-queue.
> As this is a new ldm, I assumed that no product-queue exists, so I performed
>
> df -k var
>
> which told me I have 61% remaining
>
> I then did ldmadmin mkqueue -f
>
> I received:
>
> pqcreate: create "/home/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq" failed: Permission denied
>
> make_pq(): mkqueue(1) failed.

Questions:

- who were you running 'ldmadmin mkqueue' as?

- what are the read/write permissions on ~ldm/var?

re:
> I then tried:
>
> pqcheck -v
>
> to which I received:
>
> Aug 21 17:32:07 pqcheck NOTE: Starting Up (4578)
>
> Aug 21 17:32:07 pqcheck ERROR: pq_get_write_count() failure:
> /home/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq: No such file or directory
>
> Aug 21 17:32:07 pqcheck NOTE: Exiting

Correct. The queue does not yet exist, so 'pqcheck' has nothing to
read.

re:
> Then I tried ldmadmin start
>
> to which I received:
>
> The self-consistency of the product-queue couldn't be determined.

Correct again, the LDM can not be started before the LDM queue exists.

re:
> See the logfile for details.
>
> LDM not started

re:
> Can you tell me what went wrong and how I can fix this to start getting
> data?

Please let us know the answers to the questions we posed above, and we will
see if it tells us where the problem is.  If needed, would you allow us
to SSH to your machine as the user 'ldm' so we can look at what has been
done so far?

Ticket ID: LRB-829354
Department: Support IDD