[LDM #LJC-128881]: LDM at NOAA

Hi Russ,

re:
> Thanks for your help getting LDM installed and working on our new
> servers at NOAA.

Steve will be reading your thanks separately.  I jumped in to comment on:

re:
> The only issue we have now is we cannot pull RADAR from unidata nor can
> we pull PROFILER from FSL.

Questions:

- what are the fully-qualified hostnames for the Unidata and FSL machines
  you are REQUESTing data from?

- what RADAR products are you wanting to receive

re:
> Do we need to provide our IP address for you
> to add to ldmd.conf or is it somehting I have to do in my ldmd.conf?

If you are correctly REQUESTing from our IDD relay (idd.unidata.ucar.edu),
and if your firewall/security perimeter is not blocking outbound requests
to port 388, one of the following two are possibly the problem:

- there is no reverse DNS for your machine

- there is reverse DNS for your machine, but our ALLOW rules do not
  permit your machine to REQUEST data

To investigate these possibilities further, please provide the ouput
from:

<as 'ldm' on the machine(s) you want to make the REQUEST(s) from>
notifyme -vl- -f FNEXRAD -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

notifyme -vl- -f FSL2 -h <the FSL machine you want to REQUEST profiler data
from>

We will be able to look in LDM log files on the real server backend
machines for the idd.unidata.ucar.edu cluster and see if your REQUEST
is making it to us.  We will not, of course, be able to make the
same sort of comment for the test to the FSL machine.

> My firewall rules allow me to access your sites.

OK, but is there any security perimeter beyond your machine's firewall that
may be blocking outbound traffic to port 388?  We are seeing this more and
more at .gov, .mil, .com and even at some .edu sites.

Ticket ID: LJC-128881
Department: Support IDD