[IDD #PEW-246783]: Fwd: Re: [ldm-users] Spotty reception of HRRR data

Hi Harry,

re:
> I have been using "notifyme" to check NGRID at Unidata, Texas A&M, and PSU.
>
> The good news - they look identical.
> The bad news - they are all missing most of the HRRR grids from NCEP.

Since the volume of NGRID on all of the top level IDD relays matches the
volume of NGRID on the NOAAPort ingest machines feeding into the IDD, and
since we see no problems on our NOAAPort ingest machines, I am left with
the conclusion that the HRRR products are simply not making it into the
NOAAPort SBN.

re:
> The NCEP web site indicates that the model is running normally, and shows
> products for the hours that are not appearing on the NGRID feed.

The problem must be with the processes that put the HRRR into NOAAPort.

re:
> Any more ideas?

Unfortunately no.  It appears that all of the nwstg2 GRIB2 messages being
sent in NOAAPort are correctly being ingested and put into the NGRID feed.
Since various NOAA people who are associated with NOAAPort are subscribed
to the address@hidden email list, the only thing left to do
is reiterate what we are seeing and hope that someone in NOAA will react.

re:
> This appears to have started a couple of days ago.

OK.

Just so you know: the GSD HRRR data is still available for LDM feed
on gale.unidata.ucar.edu in the FSL2 datastream.  You are already
ALLOWed to REQUEST the FSL2 feed from gale, so you can try switching
to that feed if you are so inclined.  NB: the set of products in the
HRRR data that comes from GSD and is relayed by gale are not the exact
same as the set being sent in NOAAPort (and the GSD feed is not
operational).

Ticket ID: PEW-246783
Department: Support IDD