[IDD #ETX-316379]: Radar feed USA

Hi Jan,

We apologize for the slow response to your inquiry below.

re:
> Our company is looking for a constant feed of radar data. We would like to
> have this
> feed as data so we can put the data in our database and build products with
> it (HDF5 if
> possible). We would like to have the data for the whole USA (composite or
> single
> radars) in the finest posible grid.
>
> Is it possible for you to provide us with this data?

Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with a feed of U.S. radar
data.
We are funded by the U.S National Science Foundation to support universities
in acquisition and use of geo-science data, not commercial or privateentities.
There are commercial entities that should be able to provide you the data you
need, however.  Please do a Google (tm) search for:

IrADS
ERC Broadband
NEXRAD Level 2 data providers

re:
> If so what would be the price?

Even if we weere allowed to provide commercial entities with real-time data,
we have no method to charge for such a service.  Also, since we are not
operatoinal, there would be no guarantee that the data would be delivered
24x7.

re:
> If not, can you maybe tell us where we can obtain this data?

The three organizations that have an MOU to re-distribute NEXRAD Level 2
data with the U.S.National Weather Service are:

IrADS
ERC Broadband
University of Purdue

Your best bet would be to contact one or more of these organizations
and arrange a feed from them.

re:
> We would appreciate your early answer and want to thank you in advance.

Again, we apologize for the slowness in our reply.

Ticket ID: ETX-316379
Department: Support IDD