[IDD #XXC-555907]: need help with ldm and madis

Hi Max,

re:
> we have been acquiring madis data via ldm for a number of years and are
> now having problems -- do you know of any changes that we have missed?

I believe that the NOAA upstream LDM machine that end-users need to REQUEST
from changed some time ago.  After some digging through emails that
Unidata User Support has received, I found the following message that
should be pertinent:

>> address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> MADIS-GSD will have a building power outage February 21 2015.  We will
>>> be taking the MADIS-GSD system down by 4pm MST on February 20.  We hope
>>> to have it backup by 10pm Feb 21.
>>>
>>> Please move to the operational MADIS IDP system.  Account changes that
>>> are in by Thursday 5pm EST will be processed the following week.
>>>
>>> For LDM account please send in a data application from: https://madis.
>>> ncep.noaa.gov/data_application.shtml
>>>
>>> For Web services please test your account on the IDP server: https://
>>> madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/
>>> If you have problems please send an email to address@hidden
>>>
>>> For public ftp data please use:   madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov
>>>
>>> For restricted ftp access please send address@hidden an email
>>> asking how to switch to pulling data through https.
>>>
>>> MADIS-NWS will not be effected by this outage.
>>>
>>> We are sorry for this inconvenience.
>>>
>>> Leon Benjamin
>>> 303-497-6031

re:
> Thanks for the help.

I hope that the above helped!

By the way, the LDM access to the MADIS data was a recent topic of discussion
on the address@hidden email list that we maintain.  If you are
not subscribed to ldm-users, you probably missed the chatter about MADIS.

Ticket ID: XXC-555907
Department: Support IDD