[LevelII #WCC-236573]: Level II data for education

Alex,

In general, degree-granting universities and colleges can get NEXRAD Level II
data for free from our Internet Data Distribution (IDD) network
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/index.html#idd>. Such places can be found
at <http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/rtstats_sitebyfeed?NEXRAD2>.

Kansas State University doesn't appear to to be a node on the IDD. It could,
however, become one fairly easily by installing an LDM (the software that
powers the IDD) and following the instructions at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/configuring.html#upstream
 feeds>.

> Hello,
>
> My name is Alex Neises and I am a senior in software engineering. I am very
> interested in NEXRAD Level II data, as I am working on decoding it through
> JavaScript as a way to reduce server load. I have the decoding process for
> Level III data done, since it's open source. Would I, as a student, be able
> to get this Level II data for free, or would I need to pay for it?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex Neises
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Regards,