[IDD #INB-818247]: rtstats

Hi Clint,

re:
> I have two machines running the LDM and reporting statistics via
> rtstats.  However, when I look at the Unidata statistics pages,
> only one of these machines shows up and another machine (whose
> name has long been retired from service) has current statistics.
> I think we might have repurposed that machine with a different
> name so as not to disrupt upstream and downstream sites.
>
> Could you check names and IP addresses for our LDM servers:
> chinook.unl.edu              129.93.52.171   (I think you have this as
> vardarac.unl.edu)
> idd.unl.edu                      129.93.251.72
>
> Let me know what you find out.

The name under which rtstats are reported is specified in the
~ldm/etc/registry.xml file.
You should check that file on both of your machines to make sure that
they are not both reporting rtstats under the same name since there can
be incorrect reporting of received data when more than one machine is
reporting under the same name.

re:
> I think this disrupts the IDD topology for our downstream sites,
> since it looks like chinook is not reporting stats.

How rtstats are reported should have no effect on the ability of
machines to relay data.  The topology display in the rtstats web
pages will, on the other hand, not correctly reflect the true
topology.

Please let us know what you find in the registry.xml files on
your machines.

> Clint

> Clinton M. Rowe
> Professor and Graduate Chair                     phone:(402)472-1946
> Earth & Atmospheric Sciences                       fax:(402)472-4917
> University of Nebraska- Lincoln
> address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>

Ticket ID: INB-818247
Department: Support IDD