[IDD #WNG-587616]: AMPS ldm feed

Hi Carol,

re:
> aws.ssec.wisc.edu does not need to be getting the AMPS files. In fact
> the pqact.conf file in that machine doesn't have any entries.

Our Antarctic IDD relay machine has a REQUEST line for data _from_
aws.ssec.wisc.edu, and this REQUEST is being denied by aws.ssec.wisc.edu.
I would appreciate you checking the LDM log file(s) on aws.ssec.wisc.edu
and sending back a representative Denying feed request entry so that
I can double check the public IP address of our machine.

re:
> We need to
> be getting the AMPS files on amrc.ssec.wisc.edu.

I understand.  The problem is that we are not receiving data from
LDM REQUESTs to aws.ssec.wisc.edu or to the MMM machine.

re:
> I did check the log file in /var/logs on aws.ssec.wisc.edu and it was blank.

This likely indicates that LDM logging is not working/working correctly
on aws.ssec.wisc.edu.  Is there a ldmd.log.1 file that is being updated?
If not, we should work on getting LDM logging working on this (and all
AMRC) machine.

re:
> Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Your email makes sense, but the lack of LDM log file messages prevents
one part of the investigation that I wanted to make.

Ticket ID: WNG-587616
Department: Support IDD