[IDD #BMA-444431]: [ldm] - ELAT/INPE

Hi Diogo,

re:
> We have added one more internet link in our datacenter for redundancy.
> Could allow new IP (200.100.92.238) to download data from their servers
> in addition to the already released (187.86.194.245)?
>
> Hostname: nldm.tempestades.org.br
> IP: 200.100.92.238 and 187.86.194.245

I assume that when you talk about "download data from their server" you
mean REQUEST data from the Unidata top level IDD relay cluster,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu.
Correct?

It appears that there is reverse DNS (name -> IP) for your new machine,
but it looks a bit strange:

# nslookup 200.100.92.238
Server:         208.67.222.222
Address:        208.67.222.222#53

Non-authoritative answer:
238.92.100.200.in-addr.arpa     name = 200-100-92-238.dial-up.telesp.net.br.

[root@abbott iddcluster]# less ldmd.conf.cluster

The strangeness is the 'dial-up' portion of the name returned by 'nslookup'.
Is the DNS for this machine permanent, or will it change in the future?

We believe that your new machine should now be ALLOWed to REQUEST
LDM/IDD feeds from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Please test to see if this
is the case as follows:

<as 'ldm' on 200.100.92.238>
notifyme -vl- -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

If our ALLOW(s) are correct, your 'notifyme' will result in a list of
all of the products being received on the real server backend machine
for idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  If the ALLOW(s) do not allow your REQUEST,
you should see an 'Access denied by remote server' message.

Ticket ID: BMA-444431
Department: Support IDD