[IDD #BBX-177142]: Fwd: [SSEC-TC-req #38799] aws.ssec.wisc.edu question

Hi Kevin,

re:
> I seem to be inserting into the product queue at our end.
>
> Anybody receiving?

We are:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?EXP+antidd.ucar.edu

re:
> Today's AMPS cycle is just about finished, so it may be only a few
> minutes more that I'm trying to send something.

OK, thanks!

Carol Costanza wrote:
> As far as I understand we are getting the AMPS files from the
> antidd.ucar.edu machine.

Correct.

re:
> I don't have any REQUEST lines for
> rain.mmm.ucar.edu, but I do have ALLOW lines for rain.mmm.ucar.edu.
>
> Basically if Tom can't receive then I won't receive it.

Correct.

re:
> I could try adding a REQUEST line for rain.mmm.ucar.edu.

This will not work as rain.mmm.ucar.edu is behind the UCAR security perimeter
which blocking all inbound traffic on port 388 (the port that the LDM uses).
antidd.ucar.edu sees both sides of the UCAR security perimeter, so it
is used to relay the data from machine(s) inside the UCAR security perimeter
(e.g., rain.mmm.ucar.edu) to machines outside of the UCAR security perimeter
(i.e., everyone else).

Thanks Kevin!

Ticket ID: BBX-177142
Department: Support IDD