[IDD #MWQ-760671]: Test Feed

Hi Ziv,

re:
> So I finally am back to this project. I was able to get a VM with a public
> IP and forward DNS, but no reverse DNS. Is there any sort of data feed I
> can set up without reverse DNS?

We can "hardwire" a way to ALLOW to you to REQUEST IDD feeds from our
top level IDD relay, idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  We don't like this approach
as it is very brittle (e.g., when your public IP address changes, we
will be forced to redo the hardwired "solution", etc.).  Also, this
approach is _not_ duplicated by other sites that relay data on the IDD,
so it limits your ability to REQUEST data redundantly.

Questions:

- what is the public IP of your VM?

- are firewalls on the VM, in your department, in UChicago, etc. setup
  to allow inbound requests on port 388?

  We prefer to be able to access user's LDMs so we can help
  troubleshoot ingest problems if the occur

- your original email noted that you are interested in a test feed
  of NEXRAD Level II radar data

  Are you still interested in this feed?

  If yes, are you interested in all of the feed, or data from one
  or more NEXRADs?

re:
> Thanks

No worries.