[IDD #MWQ-760671]: Test Feed

Hi Ziv,

re:
> Foothills above Boulder sound a lot cooler than flat old Chicago!

It is very nice :-)

re:
. I have
> telnet installed, but I get this output when I run "telnet
> gale.unidata.ucar.edu 388":
>
> Trying 128.117.156.80...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

This shows that something is blocking outbound traffic to port 388 on
gale.unidata.ucar.edu and most likely to any remote machine.  This is
most likely a firewall configuration at/near UChicago.  The problem
is definitely not here as our firewall is explicitly configured to
allow inbound connections on port 388.

re:
> It seems my VM is having issues contacting to outside hosts. Running a
> "wget" also hangs up. I am trying to get in touch with the system
> administrator to see what the issue is.

Sounds good.

Do you want to proceed with the configurations needed to get LDM logging
working, or do you want to wait until the other issues are resolved?

Ticket ID: MWQ-760671
Department: Support IDD