[IDD #MWQ-760671]: Test Feed

Ziv,

> Hi Tom,
>
> I cc'd Kyle, a systems administrator, to this email. He is helping me get
> through the firewall that has prevented my VM from being able to contact
> you.
>
> Kyle wants to know:
>
> What are the hosts (that my VM needs to contact)?

To *receive* data, your firewall must allow an outgoing IPv4 TCP connection
from your computer to port 388 on idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

To *send* (i.e., relay) data to computers outside the University of Chicago,
your firewall must allow incoming IPv4 TCP connections to port 388 on your
computer.

> Does LDM use a library or utility that respects the proxy environmental
> variables?

No. Because protocols differ, proxies must be created on an
application-by-application basis (there are proxies for web servers, for
example). The LDM can be thought of as its own proxy -- but that still requires
port 388 to be open (just as port 80 must be open for a proxy web server).

> Is there a config setting for LDM that can be directly given the proxy
> address?

No.

> I hope you'll be able to help us answer these questions. Thanks!

No worries.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: MWQ-760671