[IDD #XNI-709353]: IDD LDM Access

Hi Brian,

As much as we would like to feed everyone, we cannot.

We are funded by the NSF to feed educational and research organizations only
and do not have the resources (bandwidth) to feed the commercial sector.

What issues are you having with your NOAAPort system? We use NOAAPort SBN
(satellite broadcast network) to
bring most of the data in that we propagate via our IDD (internet data
distribution). We have other data
offerings as well, but it is mostly the SBN that we share out.

What data are you most interested in? You ~might be able to work with a local
(or remote) university
to feed you the data, they do not have the same restrictions we have and are
able to re-distribute the data...just an idea :)

Generally, they would want some "quid pro quo" or some benefit to the community
to do a feed.

> I have setup a new EDEX server and was wondering if there was anyway we
> could use your feed to supply us with the data.  We are weather
> consulting company based out of Indiana.  We have been using a different
> system called NBSP Noaaport but finding it very unstable.  We have an
> alert system that uses this feed to send text messages and emails to
> clients automatically based on exact address location.  We are also
> looking at using this data to supply our radar software packages and wrf
> modeling systems.
>
> Our EDEX server IP is 192.157.56.20 or edex.bamwx.com
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> BRYAN KILGORE
>
> BAMCHASE.NET