[LDM #CSW-815764]: back-up cluster for tomorrow

> Hi Jeff and Tom,

Hi Bongchul,

Yes it is warm in Boulder this weekend, but a possible big snow is on the way
for monday :)

I can be a point of contact from Unidata, and depending upon the nature of your
questions there
are a variety of people at Amazon to talk with.

I saw Witold at the AMS and we discussed a possible proposal to place
Hydro-NEXRAD on top of the collection. I think this is a great idea and has a
good chance for funding.

We have a THREDDS Data Server (TDS) on the collection currently for .edu
domains to access. It is located at:

http://thredds-aws.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog.html
(To connect using the IDV, substitute catalog.xml for catalog.html when
entering the URL in the Data Chooser.)

Hope this helps to get things rolling :)

> Hope that this email find you well and the weather in Boulder is milder than
> other years.
> I was recently informed that Amazon started a service providing NEXRAD Level
> II data and Unidata has been working on this with Amazon.
> Since our group is trying to figure out how to retrieve data from the Amazon
> Cloud, we'd like to know a contact information (either in Unidata or Amazon)
> to ask some specific questions.
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Bongchul
> Bongchul Seo