[LDM #CSW-815764]: back-up cluster for tomorrow

Hello Bongchul,

Apologies for the delay, I was sick over the weekend and then we got hit by
a big snow :)

After much discussion, Ryan May (whom I believe you have also been
communicating with)
and I feel that the best solution for Amazon S3 bucket access for NEXRAD level
II data,
would be to use a Unidata THREDDS Data Server to negotiate the requests. It is
not straightforward
to do directly from the S3 bucket. It can be done, but would require additional
development, while using a THREDDS
Data Server we would be ready to go. Perhaps fine tuning some Python method to
do the same thing as THREDDS ~could be
part of the proposal, altho the THREDDS solution already exists.

Our THREDDS server on the NEXRAD collection lives at:

http://thredds-aws.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog.html

..or .xml for machine access

Looking forward to your evaluation! :)

Jeff Weber