[IDD #AAL-267939]: Ask for help

> Dear IDD Programs,

Hello Jiaboa

> I am a student from School of Atmospheric Sciences of Sun Yat-sen University
> in China. There is something unclear about the Unidata Internet Data
> Distribution (IDD) system:
>

> 1. What data is included in the real-time earth observations?

We deliver the data that is  broadcast over the NOAAPort SBN (Satellite
Broadcast Network). This contains data that is deemed necessary
for forecast operations in the United States, it does include global surface
observations, although not the full GTS (Global Telecommunication System)

Please see the available feed types here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/feedtypes/

> 2. Can the real-time earth observations data be downloaded for nonmembers?

It is not "downloaded" the IDD/LDM network is a "push" feed. It is driven by
the data event, once the data is available it is pushed out
to our subscribers via the LDM (Local Data Manager)software, please see:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/

> 3. What procedures are needed if the institution I belongs wants to add the
> IDD system?

Request for participation is best if done from a faculty member, preferably the
department head, of your institution. You will also need to install the LDM
software to participate, and that is about all that is required.

> I would appreciate it if you could provide me the information.
>
> Jiabao Feng

Hope this helps,

Jeff
Jeff Weber