[IDD #MPQ-937932]: Local Data Manager Question

Hi Mary,

re:
> The December issue was not ours - we are remembering Justin who requested
> data access and we set it up for him with -NLDN (if I'm remembering that
> syntax correctly) -- thus he would *not* have access. The inquiry I had
> this week was from UCSD (upper campus as we folks down the hill by the
> ocean call it). So this is certainly an education request (not public). I
> think you are recalling Keith Latteri and that was back in April. I believe
> Pete (Madison) was able to help him.

OK.  I am not surprised that I remembered what transpired in December
incorrectly...

re:
> We used to get the data. Did something change at Albany? Whom would I write
> to for requesting reinstatement of our feed to aeolus?

I just logged in on aeolus and saw that the REQUEST for the NLDN LIGHTNING
feed from UAlbany had not been updated to use the new name for their
top level LIGHTNING relay.  Their LDM was moved to a VM and renamed
sometime in fall of 2015.  David Knight (the NLDN contact at UAlbany)
sent out a note to the address@hidden email list announcing
the change in names when the change was made, so I guess that you did
not see the notification.

I changed the REQUEST line in the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file on aeolus and
then restarted the LDM.  NLDN data should once again flow to you.  A
a quick look at the real-time stats page for aeolus shows that the
NLDN lightning data is once again flowing:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?aeolus.ucsd.edu

re:
> John Grahm is the UCSD person asking what happened and here is an e-mail
> trail from Oct 2014 about this:

OK.  It was a simple name change so aeolus was trying to REQUEST the
LIGHTNING feed from a machine that no longer exists.

Please let your user know that the feed has been re-established.

Ticket ID: MPQ-937932
Department: Support IDD